Treasure Hunt – this may take a few minutes to set up, but looks like lots of fun!
Think through some clues that you can make and put around your house. Then at the end you can have the last clue at the treasure (favorite cookies/pizza/new family game).
When you’re enjoying your treasure, take the time to talk to your kids about life and Jesus. Ask them if they remember what they talked about on Sunday. (Take out that sheet that you got from that awesome volunteer in Journey Kids!) The Bible even says in Jeremiah 29:13;
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Think of some ways that you can “seek” God together as a family. Have them come up with the list and they may be more excited to be a part of it! Some things you may come up with?
- Pray at bedtime – it’s talking to God!
- Go through our Take Home Sheet that you get every week in Journey Kids
- Read from the Bible (remember that there are young versions available, even for toddlers!)
- Pick out a worship song on iTunes
- Do a few devotions from a devotion book
- Maybe it’s giving up something to make time to do one of these things!
- What other ideas did you come up with? Your kids? Stop back and share them!